Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Personality Test: Accurate or Not?

Holland Code Quiz: SEC
Realistic: 6      Investigative: 2    Artistic: 1    Social: 12    Enterprising: 11    Conventional: 7
Job Titles: Educator Administrator, Preschool and Childcare Center/ Program, Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers, Probation Officer and Correctional Treatment Officer.

Myers-Briggs Test: ESFJ
Extravert: 50%  Sensing: 9%   Feeling: 12%  Judging: 3%

"Warmhearted, conscientious, and cooperative. Want harmony in their environment, work with determination to establish it. Like to work with others to complete tasks accurately and on time. Loyal, follow through even in small matters. Notice what others need in their day-by-day lives and try to provide it. Want to be appreciated for who they are and for what they contribute."
More: 
http://www.typefinder.com/personality-type-tf/ESFJ

    Doing the personality tests are quite interesting. I probably wouldn't do them in my free time but they remind me of the tests that come in TigerBeat Magazine 'or other magazines I read when I was younger. It's hard to generalize personality types, it seems as if there are so many different combinations then the ones included in the descriptions.
     I did not think that the Holland Test was very accurate. I like kids but I feel I would excel better in an environment where I can socialize and educate young adults or older. All of the jobs they matched I could not see myself doing, maybe because I have been so passionate about physical therapy. The traits that the jobs required resemble somethings I would need to be a physical therapist, such as, patience for patients that need that extra explanation, problem solving to create an affective treatment plan or maybe find a diagnosis, organization so patient charts do not get mixed up and everything is documented correctly, and so much more.
     The Myers-Briggs test was pretty accurate. I have a ESFJ personality type which basically means I am easy to work with and very attentive to people around me. Everything that was described matched up to me pretty much perfectly. I aspire to help people and assist them in healing to improve their quality of life. Taking a test that actually resembled how I think I am as a person was very satisfying. At Starbucks and my internship I see these traits as I act with customers and patients. Even my mom says I'm a people pleaser, which at times can be bad. I put other people in front of myself and sometimes I'm the one that gets hurt from it.
     These tests should not determine the view you set for yourself. The only person that can tell you what kind of personality type you are is you. Even though they are fun to do and when you get the answers you want to hear, it feels good. Especially if you take the, "Which Jonas Brother will you pair well with?" test from Tigerbeat, and get Nick Jonas as your perfect match.

No comments:

Post a Comment