Tuesday, February 23, 2016

SuccYES

     Everyone has different goals they spend their life trying to reach to become, in their eyes, "successful". Success can be defined in a number of ways. To me success will be found when I'm sitting amongst a crowd of thousands of other proud family members, with my husband, watching my child or children graduate high school. As cheesy and cliché that may sound, to me it is a mile stone in my life knowing that my children worked hard to get to the next chapter of their lives with my help. It is known in order to be successful you have to work hard and excel in everything you do. Being a good example for my kids, I hope, will encourage them to pursue a career they are passionate in. I want to share my knowledge about life, education, and anything else that might help them become successful for themselves.
     My standards for success have come from the environment around me. Living in San Ramon it is a standard to go to college after high school. Seeing people in this valley drive nice cars and live in extravagant houses then traveling outside of this circle to a place to see a city not as "rich", is eye opening to how lucky we are to live in such a nice community. The life I live now is wonderful; I am safe in my house, my parents love and encourage me, I get a fantastic education, and so much more. I want my children to live a life that is similar. My parents work hard not only to keep a roof over our head but to teach me valuable life lessons about giving a 100% or not letting anyone step all over you. Success is more than money and materialist things, it's about how you use your time on earth to spread you knowledge with others, family or not. In order to live a life I see is successful, I will do anything. I have a goal that I want to achieve and nothing will get in the way of me getting there.

 "Knowledge gained through experience is far superior and many times more useful than bookish knowledge." -Gandhi 

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the title of this (I'm a sucker for puns)! And your last sentence is great- dedication is key! You're gonna be a great mom, Rylie, keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rylie I love your definition of success! It's so simple yet so perfect. I too hope to have that moment of feeling like you really succeeded in your own life and in raising your kids to succeed in their own lives. You will go far in life Ryles and I'm excited to see that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rylie, what you see as being successful is simple, yet quite profound. Unlike so many others, you see success as what difference you can make in the lives of anyone you meet and the children you have. Your unselfishness is truly amazing and something that I aspire to seek for myself when and if I can ever consider myself successful. Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to see your progression as you become more and more successful.

    ReplyDelete