Thursday, March 31, 2016

Essential Question

My essential question was," How can we prevent injuries that could have been avoided by simply educating people on ergonomics?"
The major factors that lead to injuries like carpal tunnel and back pain stem from bad posture and a weak core. good posture is having your shoulder's relaxed, core tight, and sitting straight up. While sitting your posture should be the same but with feet flat on the ground, elbows relaxed at your sides, wrists straight,a nd the material you are typing should be eye level to prevent any neck strain. Abdominal muscles are connected to your back, hips, and pelvis. If it is weak it will lead to compensation on your other body parts which creates pain. To event these injuries it is important to take 3 minute beaks frequently while working and making sure you are practicing good posture. I learned a lot about how to prevent these injuries to make me healthier. It was cool to do a project that I might to in college. Now knowing that if I want a good project I need to research not only things based on my question but supporting evidence. Next time I do this I will try to find actual case studies and spend more time researching. I presented my information with a prezi and did exercises and stretches with my views to interact and make it a more personal project. I chose this subject because at my internship majority of the people that come in had some sort of back, neck, or shoulder pain. That can all be caused from having a weak core and poor posture. If people were educated about the damaging effects of sitting at a computer and over-working can have on the body, it might decrease the chances of one having those injuries.From watching other projects I learned how important stretching is and how technology is beginning to take over the nursing occupation. From my presentation to the ones I have seen I thought the project went very successfully. Being separated into our passion groups was good because I got to see questions that other people with my passion had, which interested me. Personally, I would've liked to present I front of the whole class just because it would've been fun to teach 30 beginning college students good tips to prevent carpal tunnel and back pain. We will all be glued to a computer soon to finish college homework so it would be good to know some quick exercises now so they can start to practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment