Monday, September 14, 2015
Lots To Do, and Little Time To Do It
I like to think of my time in high school as a juggling act; sports, work, homework, friends, family, gym, and any other activity you can squeeze in. As I juggle all these things its easy to find your breaking point. Just how much food can you fit on your plate before you spill it all; thats what I like to compare it to. So far I like to think I'm pretty good at managing my time. I do my homework the day it's assigned, even though we have two days to do it (shout out to block schedule). When I come home, as much as I want to, I try not to fall asleep or watch Tv (Grey's Anatomy gets me every time, but how can I say no to McDreamy). When I know I have homework or an assignment it is very hard for me to ignore it. I can relax once I complete my task, it's something weird about me but it helps me turn things in on time. After it is done it feels as if a weight is lifted off my shoulders. Being able to just hang out with out having to worry about a forgotten assignment it the best, or not having to rush around to get home in time to finish what was left incomplete. Work hard now and it'll pay off later. Even in such a minor, temporary scenario, that is what I live by. Hopefully I don't lose this trait in the mist of senioritis and it stays with me to college. Even though my strategy of just pushing though it gets me though most of the time I still need improvement. This year I hope to be able to balance more tasks at a time. For example, once i start something I need to finish it in one sitting and I can only focus on one thing at a time. I need to be able to work on homework then be able to finish my college essay that I started a few weeks back. Back to me finishing things in one sitting, college essays have been the one exception. I am very hopeful as I continue to grow in my life I will manage my time more appropriately. Maybe make more time for my mother and father, instead of going on social media finish the book I started a month ago, even stay an extra half hour at the gym if I have time . Life is too valuable to just waste, like I said work hard now and it'll pay off later. For right now I just hope to achieve working on SAT and college applications a little each day, finish homework, go to work or internship, and take a little time for me, whether it's with my family and friends or just kicking back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You have such a good head on your shoulders Rylie. I am impressed by the way that you manage all that you do. I was struck by a lot of what you said. A couple of things that stood out to me were what you said about spending more time with family - I agree that this is so important! And, that you'd like to finish your college essays in 1 sitting. Sometimes it is okay for tasks to take you a few sittings to get them right - just make sure you plan for that time. As you progress in life, most tasks will take longer than just 1 pass so you are gearing up for that transition. Again, wonderful job! I love reading your posts. Best wishes, Mrs. Gagnon
ReplyDelete