Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Five people and Five Things

To achieve your dreams it takes more than just pushing yourself; you need people around you for support and to talk about your progress with. Five people that help me achieve my dreams and goals are:

  • My Mom-My Mom is the person I see the most outside of school. No matter what I do she always supports me and gives me positive feed back. She's the person that I strive to never let down, I always want her to be proud of me. She has a major impact on my choices and future decisions. 
  • My Dad- My  Dad always pushes me to try my hardest and keep my head straight. He wants to see me succeed in life and be someone of importance. With him always down my throat, pushing me to stay focused, it helps me achieve my long term goals.
  • Nicole Allport- Nicole is one of my really close friends, out of group of friends she is the person I trust most with advice for future situations. She always seems educated on a broad range of topics and always knows what to say. She just makes me feel good about myself whenever I'm near her. I value her opinion deeply just because shes such a respectable person and well educated.
  • Ms. E- As a teacher at Cal High that I've had since I was a sophomore year, Ms. E is someone I can always ask questions to. She sees the best in me and even though she's only a teacher I can tell she wants me to succeed. She always turns bad situations into good and I feel like she understands what it's like to be a student in the 21st century.
  • Dave Gold- My old soccer coach is someone I look up to, he is such an admirable man that just he makes me want to succeed in life. He always saw the potential and drive I had in anything that I was doing. Even though I do not play soccer anymore he is the kind of person I could call up and talk about anything with.  


Normally, I do not struggle with procrastination that much, but this year I can feel senioritis coming on, which I need to put a stop to. Major things I have been procrastinating on are:

  • Study for my upcoming SAT- My goal is to get into Cal Poly SLO and in order to do that I need to raise my SAT score, which I can't do without studying.
  • Finish my University of Oregon application- The only college essay I have to do and I'm barely finishing that.
  • Dishes- Speaking of which I need to do now.
  • Typing my AP gov project- I have everything written out I'm just having a hard time making the finishing touches.
  • Starting a High School Scrapbook- Just something recreational I want to start but can't find the time.


2 comments:

  1. Rylie,

    I am impressed by the balance of people you have in your inner circle. I love that it is a mix of people from all of the different aspects in your life. You have such a wonderful support system and it was an honor to get to read about some of the people that you are closest to.

    I also love your "to do" list. I laughed out loud when I read "dishes." That is one of my things that I do not love to do and often put off until all of my other "to dos" are complete. :) I really like your scrapbook goal too - you'll want to cherish all of these memories!

    Best wishes,
    Mrs. Gagnon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rylie McMurry, I love you with all my heart thank you for the S/O ;) here for you for whatever, whenever gf! I continue to be impressed with you each and every day. You are so well-balanced and you inspire me so much! As far as your scrapbook goes, I've been wanting to do the same for such a long time! Let's plan some scrapbooking dates in the near future :)
    Excited to hear more about your internship and your "hospitality in the hospital" you go girl !!

    ReplyDelete